Thursday, December 27, 2007

A Little About Me

For those of you who don't know a whole lot about me, I felt like I should share a little about myself. For some reason, it's laid on my heart that it might help somebody else. So here goes. I was married for 17 years to a very abusive alcoholic. Stayed in there thinking that divorce was a sin and should try to make it work for the sake of the kids. But now I know I was hurting them by exposing them to the life we were living. You see, I honestly believe that when you marry someone outside of God's will, he doesn't have to bless it. But out of everything bad, God brings good. And my 2 kids (now not "kids" at all, but will always be my kids) were all the good I ever needed. Three years later I married the most wonderful man in the world-God sent- no doubt about it. My very best friend in the whole world, and truly my soul mate. We've been married for almost 17 years. Now, Satan has tried to attack my family with everything. And I do mean everything. Drugs, alcohol, gambling addiction, divorce, prescription drug abuse, abusive Pastors and churches, "friends" who lied and slandered our name and did unrepairable damage, you name it. But you know, how true it is that if God brings you to it, He'll bring you through it. My testimony is: I'M STILL STANDING!!!!

I have 4 beautiful grandkids. And right now we're down to only 2 dogs-Tip the Jack Russell and Sydney the Heeler. Our other dogs have since gone on before us. And yes, I believe there will be animals in heaven-how else will Jesus come back on a white horse? Our horses left about 2 years ago, after our priorities changed and the grandkids came along. Of course the fact that we weren't getting any younger played a big part too. We still have, and it'll always be "2 Much Farm". The name came when we started out with two acres (which were heavily wooded and we cleared most of it by hand), two horses and we were always saying, "this is just tooo much!!" I really think this is just a preview of what heaven will be like. It might not seem like much to others, but I really do love our little farm.

My husband is a drummer and I'm a keyboard player for a band, "Street Corner Crusade". We don't really call us a "Christian Band", but a band who's members are "Christians". We don't consider our music to be Christian nor secular, but music that brings a good message. A message of love, which is what Jesus said is the most important gift of all. And we feel led to share this message with others. Although we haven't played a gig since the Sonlight Festival in July, the ministry has taken different spin. Jackie is playing with the Ambush Band, and the outreach has taken us in another direction. We don't understand why, and we questioned it in the beginning, but everytime we're "out in the world" and we share what God has laid on our hearts with others, we know that this is where God intended for us to be.....at this time. We also DJ together.

Let's see-what else? Oh yeah, I love candles, my home, country primitive decorating, flowers and plants, chinese food and pizza (not when eaten together!), all styles of music from bluegrass to blues to soul to southern rock. I love my Momma-she's a great lady-my wonderful Aunt Evelyn who practically raised me (thanks Evelyn), my 2 brothers and my sister, all my neices and nephews. And of course my husband, my kids and grandkids,and my 2 dogs. I still love my horses-wherever they might be. I love REAL people, like Joyce Meyer and Darlene Bishop who don't claim to be perfect and will admit they have weaknesses and make mistakes just like me while we're here on earth "just passing through" to a better place. But while I'm here, the Lord has truly blessed me with a wonderful life and a wonderful family to share it with. Even though it seems like I complain all the time, I really do have so much to be thanking Him for. So, Jesus, if you're reading this-THANKS SO MUCH. I'm really not worthy. Sometimes I'm very out spoken and brutally honest. Some say it's a blessing. Some say it's a curse. I truly never mean to hurt anybody's feelings or make anybody mad. But I would rather somebody be that way to me than to lie to me.

Well, that's it in a nutshell. You wouldn't have the time to read the WHOLE story. After all, it's been 53 years in the making. Bottom line: I love Jesus and give Him all the glory for the accomplishments and failures (because I've learned and grown sooooooo much) in my life.

If some of this hits home to you and you're not quite sure what to do. Do what I did. Let Jesus handle it. Trust me. He can do a WHOLE lot better job. If you're reading this and don't know Him. Ask HIM to be your friend. He's the best you'll ever have.

Thanks to all my friends here at GTPF. And, oh yeah, thanks Baby, for being there for us these past 17 years.


Photobucket

8 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I can't tell you how you lifted my spirits today! I just want to give you the biggest bear hug ever!!!!! Thank you so much for just being the real YOU and sharing your love and delight for the Lord. I just felt showers of blessings today reading your post! Cora

2 Much Farm Primitives said...

Thanks Cora. It's just great to find a place where I can be ME....and not be judged. Sometimes we feel like we don't fit in anywhere....we're not accepted in the church because we don't follow the tradition. And we're not accepted in the world because we're too spiritual!!!! But, then again, when you think about it, Jesus wasn't accepted a whole lot of places, was He? I'm surely not comparing us to Jesus, but at least we've been in real good company!!! LOL

Love Ya!!

Jan said...

It was great reading your post!! Hugs to you!!

Isn't it wonderful how when we're "weak", HE is strong? When we allow HIM to lead us, we're always in the "right place"?

God is sooooo good!!

~Blessings,
Jan
Beyond_Time_Itself
(from eBAY)

ps...I've been reading since Cora told me about this blog!

2 Much Farm Primitives said...

Thanks Jan. Blessings to you too!! :)

Farmhouse Blessings said...

Vic, I completely identify with you first comment. I often feel the very same way. So glad that you shared yourself with us, and so glad that I can count you as one of my Glad Tiding friends!

Warm hugs,
Lea

2 Much Farm Primitives said...

Thanks Lea. Have a Happy New Year

Hugs,
Vic

Anonymous said...

Vic, thanks for sharing...love it and you.....I can identify more than you know....I want to give you a big hug!

Dani

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.