I guess I'm the old lady in the group, made all the mistakes that could be made, walked all the wrong pathways, and broke all the rules and paid dearly for it. I've learned a lot the hard way, flunked out of the school of hard knocks. But some things I have learned, become wise to, and want to pass on some wisdom for the new year. I don't take credit for this list, but I sure wish I had followed it in my early years! Boy did I waste a lot of time, energy, and emotions back then. . . . .
1. Take a 10-30 minute walk every day, smiling while you walk. It is the ultimate anti-depressant.
2. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day. Buy a lock if you have to!
3.. Feed the birds! They always say thank you and love what you have to give!
4. When you wake up in the morning, complete the following statement: My purpose is to___________ today.
5. Live with the 3 E's: Energy, Enthusiasm, Empathy.
6. Watch more movies, play more games, and read more books.
7. Make time to pray. You won't FIND time. It will make all the difference in your daily life!
8. Spend more time with people over the age of 70 and under the age of 6.
9. Dream more while you are awake.
10. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less foods that are manufactured in plants.
11. Drink plenty of water and eat what's good for you. It's too hard to get rid of it when you are older!
12. Try to make at least 3 people smile each day.
13. Clear your clutter from your house, your car, your desk. If you don't use it, pass it on!
14. Don't waste your precious energy on gossip, issues of the past, negative thoughts, or things you cannot control. Instead, invest your energy in the positive present moment.
15. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class, but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
16. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a college kid with a maxed out charge card.
17. Smile and laugh more.
18. Life isn't fair, but it's still good.
19. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone.
20. Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
21. You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
22. Make peace with your past so it won't mess up the present.
23. Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
24. Burn the candles, use the nice sheets, and wear the fancy lingerie. Don't save it for a special occasion. Today is special.
25. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
26. Frame every so-called disaster with these words: "In five years will this matter?" "In five months will this matter?" "In five days will this matter?"
27. Forgive everyone everything.
28. What other people think of you is none of your business.
29. Time heals almost everything. Give time time.
30. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
31. Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
32. Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful, or joyful.
33. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
34. The best is yet to come.
35. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up, and show up.
36. Do the right thing.
37. Call your mother and father often.
38. Each night before you go to bed complete the following statements: I am thankful for __________. Today I accomplished____________.
39. Remember that you are too blessed to be stressed.
40. Enjoy the ride. Remember that life is not a trip to Disney World with a free pass!!